Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Ramblings

I feel as though Thanksgiving was quite some time ago!  We are now decorated for Christmas, have most of our shopping done, need to wrap everything but first must get through a birthday party tomorrow!  I still haven't figured out the whole picture thing on here and like I said I probably won't until after the holidays.  You will all then have to endure a huge picture release!!  Get ready.

This time of year is so busy and wonderful for most people I think.  Especially those with little kids.  I was just in the kitchen keeping an eye on some strawberry cupcakes when I thought I would write something and then I decided to pick up my computer and move in to the family room so I could sit by the tree.  We got a beautiful tree that is at least 10 feet tall and I spent three hours with just the lights so, I thought I should enjoy it.  I just thought I would write a little bit about each of the children and what they are like this Christmas season.

Brice- I believe he has figured the Santa thing out and has let on to this with only me.  He told me not to say anything to Justin because he knows it would break Justin's heart.  He did go willingly though to sit on the big guy's "lap", ended up being his actual chair because Kyle was having nothing to do with that stranger!  Brice is making our gifts this year and I feel honored that mine was the first to be finished and wrapped and placed under the tree.  Sometimes I feel as though Brice prefers Justin for anything and everything but this reminded me that he is my firstborn and he knows it!  His heart is so big and generous and always has been.  He loved helping me decorate this year and would not let me put out a single one of my Nutcrackers.  He also loved bossing Anna around but I guess that comes with the territory of being the oldest sibling.  For Christmas, he wants all things Harry Potter.  And a few other things.  Brice has always been older than his years and while sometimes I feel like I missed his childhood, I have to remind myself that Brice, himself missed childhood!  I also have to remind him sometimes that he is indeed a child and not a parent.  He is so excited to share our traditions with the other two and it just makes my heart smile!

Anna-  Oh, Anna.  This phrase is said by me over and over throughout the day in different contexts and tones.  She has really matured in the last six months and I see a girl there, not a little girl but a young girl.  She will turn four on Thursday and I am having trouble grasping this.  Just tonight we were at Brice's basketball game and walking out, I looked at her run ahead of me and remembered being at that same gym the day we had her 2nd birthday party.  It seems as though it was yesterday and those two years flew by in a blink.  Her vocabulary is changing and she is using bigger words and structuring her sentences differently.  She asks questions non-stop.  I am talking probably one hundred questions a day, possibly twice that.  Her mind is constantly going and she is trying to wrap her mind around baby Jesus being born outside and placed in hay and then the thought of Santa coming down our chimney and don't even get started on how he is going to get back up the chimney.  At the mention of her birthday and/or Christmas, her little face just lights up and she gets a big grin on her face and says in a squeal, "I'm soooo excited!!!".  As you should be little girl, this is going to be an awesome year!  She is becoming more caring and understanding the importance of giving and that Christmas is about love.  She has watched "The Grinch" about ten times and asks half of her questions then but always at the end, "Is this when he knows Christmas is love?".  And her little voice just makes me want to squeeze the cuteness out of her!  I could go on and on about her and probably will on her actual birthday. :)  Her Christmas wishes include a "ballerina" house (doll house), a Barbie and Prince Eric (from The Little Mermaid).  While singing to her tonight, she stopped me and said, "Is Santa coming tonight?"  "No" I answered. "Well, then will you let me know when it's going to be that night?".  As if the night would just sneak up on her!

Kyle- While it has been hard to keep up with this little dude, he is so precious to look at, especially when gazing up at the tree.  We put the less treasured ornaments at the bottom of the tree and he will touch them while saying, "Ahhht, ahht".  As in, "Ahht, don't you do that!".  He also likes to point at the nutcrackers and say, "cra-cuh".  Overall, he has been very good with all the ornaments and has thoroughly enjoyed the lights everywhere.  The sweetest memory I will have of him this year though is at bedtime.  After stories are read and books put in his basket, I put him up on my shoulder or cradled in my arms.  He has his blankets (na-ket) and puts his finger in his mouth and I sing "Silent Night" or "Away in a a Manger" to him and he looks at me with the calmest eyes and I can't get enough.  I could stay in there all night singing to him.  Then I put him in the crib and rub his head and cheek and he snuggles himself up.  My cup runneth over with that sweet little boy.

So, I think that is all for tonight.  Need to go work on the cupcakes a little bit and get some rest.  I am anticipating the arrival of a little girl named Natalie soon.  Justin's sister is due the 17th, however, all signs are pointing to before then.  We shall see.  I can't wait!!!  On to Anna's birthday party, maybe Natalie's too!



 Daddy hammers...
 ...Kyle hammers

No comments:

Background